2. I just wrote a note to my upstairs neighbor to tell them to stop the banging and furniture rearranging but apparently my train-of-thought friendliness sounds vapid. According to the blunt source that is my jhimm. This makes me think I should occasionally read over things I post in LJ.
3. Instead, I will go back to wishing that I could afford this bag. Ever want someone to just show up and give you money for something? Me too. I need a new bag, and the buddhas remind me to seek calm.
4. Will I ever find an agent? I don't think I'm good at writing query letters.
5. So, I've sat in the UofC bookstore a few times before and never ran into a soul I knew. I mean what are the odds? Today I ran into three people. One of them was the head of my program. She asked how I was adjusting and we chatted about my apartment and Chicago. When I expressed happiness at how close my apartment is to the campus she laughed and said "doesn't matter, you won't be seeing much of it pretty soon! Enjoy the library! Ha ha!"
I suddenly had this moment of terror like "OH MY GOD WHAT AM I DOING???" It was "why did I do this all backwards? Why did I teach first? I'm too old for this? Who gets a second master's? (ok, lots of people I've talked to, but still.)
I mean I freaked out so badly I don't know how I got on my bike and got home. The only thing to soothe me was doing a yoga CD of the guy whose studio I went to in Providence (I miss studying under a real yogi), and making avocado-white bean-cucumber sammidges with j.
6. Oh my god. We got the Bob Saget (yes that one) stand-up DVD from Netflix....
Let me just say...
"Danny Tanner Is Not Gay" (from You Tube)
"Rollin With Saget" (The Illest M*tha F*ckah in a Cardigan Sweater).