1.How old were you in 1980?
Turned 2 in Nov.
2. How old were you in 1989?
Turned 11 in Nov.
3. Were you a Toys R' US Kid?
Nah, we had a local chain that I was more loyal to- Kiddie City!
4. Did you watch Transformers?
Occasionally. I owned a couple.
5. Did you see E.T. on the big screen?
No, my family didn't really go to see movies. We owned it on BETA instead!
6. Did you own a Lite Bright?
Yes and I credit it for any artistic talent I have. That and my Etch-a-sketch.
7. Who is your favorite Golden Girl?
Um, Sophia, I think (the ancient one). I had to look that up because I only saw the show when I was home sick.
8. When someone says "Who you gonna call?"
I say... "there's something strange in your neighborhood" (and it's not crack, unless you live near me.)
9. What was your favorite toy(s)?
My Little Ponies, Care Bares, and Rainbow Bright dolls
10. Did you have a Pogo Ball?
No, but everyone else did. *Sniffle*
11. Did you listen to New Kids on the Block?
12. What New Kid did you have a crush on?
I was a Donnie Wahlberg girl. Oh man, he did not age well.
13. Did you play M.A.S.H?
How do you think I knew I'd someday meet Jhimm and live in a trash can?
14. Did you watch The Care Bears?
15. Did you have jelly bracelets?
16. Did you have a charm necklace and/or bracelet?
Yes, and my dad has a photo on his study wall of me rocking it.
17. Did you have a Glo Worm?
Shnick (my sister) did.
18. Did you ever own a slap bracelet?
Until my mom read that they were dangerous and paid me to give them to her.
19. The Breakfast Club or Sixteen Candles?
BC. It depends on my mood though.
20. Did you have a crazy hair style?
I was a 9 year old with a perm. I used more hairspray than anyone of any age ought to use. My mom actually revoked my hairspray privileges and I had to wash her car to earn them back.
21. What was your first bike?
22. Name one thing you still own from your childhood:
I have a My Little Pony on my shelf.
23. Did you have a Cabbage Patch Kid?
Yes, a few. My sister's CP kid was named Camilla Marlene and I can't remember mine's name!
24. Did you dress like Madonna?
In a talent show even!
25. Rainbow Brite or Strawberry Shortcake?
Oh god... I couldn't choose. I mean one was shiny and the other smelled!
26. Did you watch Miami Vice?
No. I'd never have been allowed.
27. Did you own a pair of jelly shoes?
More than one! Great beach and boardwalk shoes.
28. Did you own a Trapper Keeper?
I loved that thing.
29. Atari or Nintendo?
We had Texas Instruments console and than an Intellivision. Then I saved up and bought an NES myself!
30. Did you play Pac-Man?
My dentist had an arcade Ms. Pac-Man that was free. I own at P-M.
32. What movie scared you the most?
Alice in Wonderland.
33. Did you try to dance like Michael Jackson?
Yes, traumatizing the two black kids in my elementary school.
34. What Is The First Thing That Comes To Mind When You Hear "Flux Capacitor"?
Um... something I ought to remember but don't?
35. What other colors did Pepsi come in?
Crystal Pepsi is one of my favorite things ever and I miss it dearly, but that was '90s my friend.
36. Roger Rabbit Or Howard The Duck?
37. Did you ever beg your parents to have your school picture taken with the 'LASER' background?
That sounds un-Quakerly.
38. Do you know what the Ninja Rap is?
ETA- I do after all, but it wasn't 80s!
39. Do you know why people cringe when they hear the word BUCKNER?
I'm bombing here....
40. Can you name the family members from National Lampoons Vacation movies?
Are you kidding? I still probably wouldn't be allowed to see those movies.
41. Wally-World or Europe?
I am embarrassing myself. I have no idea.
42. What was your favorite movie from the 80's?
At the time? Um... Never-ending Story or Honey, I Shrunk The Kids.